Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like New Year by Meiteis of Manipur, Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal and Urban Land (Certification of Titles) Bill, 2016 among others.
1. Name the traditional festival that is was celebrated as the New Year by Meiteis (majority ethnic group) of Manipur on 9 April 2016.
a) Pana Sankranti
b) Sajibu Cheiraoba
c) Jude Sheetal
d) Cheti Chand
2. He took over as the Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal in April 2016?
a) Justice (retd) Permod Kohli
b) Justice Syed Rafat Alam
c) Justice A P Shah
d) None of them
3. The Central Information Commission (CIC) in April 2016 directed the Genetic Engineering Appraisal Committee (GEAC) to make public the non-confidential bio-safety information for which variety of the GM Mustard?
4. Identify the book written by veteran journalist BG. Verghese which explored the Pakistan’s relations with remaining world.
a) Friendly State: Pakistan
b) A State in Denial
c) Pakistan: A land of Diplomacy
d) None of these
5. Saudi Arabia’s King Salman on 8 April 2016 announced an agreement under which a bridge will be built over a sea/gulf to connect Saudi Arabia to Egypt. Name the sea.
a) Gulf of Aden
b) Gulf of Aqaba
c) Gulf of Eilat
d) Red Sea
6. Name the person who will head the two-member Commission of Inquiry that was constituted on 8 April 2016 to probe conspiracy behind violent incidents during Jat Reservation Agitation in February 2016.
a) Justice (Retd.) SN Jha
b) NC Padhi
c) Justice (Retd.) L Narasimha Reddy
d) BN Navalawala
7. Name the state that in April 2016 passed its Urban Land (Certification of Titles) Bill, 2016?
8. Name the first train with all coaches equipped with surveillance cameras that was remotely flagged off from New Delhi by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on 9 April 2016.
a) Shan-e-Punjab Express
b) Hirakund Express
c) Mangala Lakshadweep Express
d) H Nizamuddin Madgaon Ac Express
9. The Union Government on 8 April 2016 approved country’s first Metrino Pod project for
10. 25 Ministries/Departments of Union Government in March 2016 signed a MoU on IMPRINT initiative. Against this backdrop, identify the focus of IMPRINT.
a) Scholarships to economically backward students
b) Technology development involving all IITs & IISc
c) Usage of drones for various economic activities
d) Reducing dependence on global positioning system