Current Affairs Quiz: 10 February 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Oscars 2020, special agricultural zone and National Deworming Day among others.
10 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Oscars 2020, Special Agricultural Zone and National Deworming Day among others.
1. Which film has become the first non-English film to win the Oscar 2020 award for ‘Best Picture’?
b) The Irishman
d) Jojo Rabbit
2. Who among the following won the Best Actor award in Oscars 2020?
a) Brad Pitt
b) Joaquin Phoenix
c) Will Smith
d) Tom Cruise
3. What is the name of the Indian-origin scientist who is leading the research team to develop the Coronavirus vaccine?
a) RM Kapoor
b) AK Pillai
c) KL Kaletkar
d) SS Vasan
4. Which state government has decided to declare Cauvery Delta Region as a protected special agricultural zone?
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
5. Which state has announced that it will launch an internship scheme for college students?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
6. Which state recently organized a National conference on e-governance 2020?
7. When National Deworming Day is observed across the country every year?
a) Feb 10th
b) Feb 9th
c) Feb 8th
d) Feb 7th
8. Who became the first Indian to receive IOC’s ‘honourable mention’?
a) Rahul Dravid
b) Anil Kumble
c) Pullela Gopichand
d) Ravi Shastri
9. Under the Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry’s ‘sister cities’ initiative, top-performing Varanasi will be paired with which among the following cities?
10. India will host its first-ever cultural festival in collaboration with this nation on February 15-16, 2020?
1. (a) Parasite
Parasite has become the first non-English and South Korean film to win the Oscar 2020 award in the ‘Best Picture’ category. The film is directed by Bong Joon Ho.
2. (b) Joaquin Phoenix
The 92nd edition of the Oscar Awards, the world's most prestigious film awards, was held on February 10, 2020. Joaquin Phoenix has won the Oscar for Best Actor for the film 'Joker'. Renée Zellweger won the best actress award for the film ‘Judy’.
3. (d) SS Vasan
A team of scientists in Australia, led by Indian-origin scientist SS Vasan, is preparing a vaccine for the treatment of Coronavirus. The study is being conducted by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) of Australia.
4. (b) Tamil Nadu
The state government of Tamil Nadu has decided to declare the Cauvery Delta Region as a protected special agricultural zone. This was announced by the state’s Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswamy on February 9, 2020. The CM stated that his legal team will be drafting a special law in regard to the same.
5. (c) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to launch an internship scheme for college students. The state’s Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath made the announcement during a job fair in Gorakhpur on February 9. The internship scheme aims to brighten employment prospects for the youth.
6. ( b) Mumbai
National conference on E-governance 2020 recently concluded in Mumbai. The conference was focused on promoting the use of digital platforms to provide public services.
7. (a) Feb 10th
The National Deworming Day was observed on February 10, 2020. On the occasion, the Union Government runs a special drive for children and adolescents between the age group of 1 and 19, to give them a single dose of Albendazole.
8. (c) Pullela Gopichand
Indian badminton coach Pullela Gopichand has received IOC Coaches Lifetime Achievement Awards "honourable mention" for his excellent contribution in the field of coaching.
9. (a) Amritsar
Top-performing Varanasi has been paired with Amritsar under the Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry’s ‘sister cities’ programme. The programme has paired top-performing cities with poorly performing ones to help guide the cities also to perform well.
10. (c) Israel
The first-ever 'Jerusalem-Mumbai Festival' will be held in Mumbai on February 15, 2020 to promote artistic and cultural ties between India and Israel.