Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Calcutta Football League, Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank Group, International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer and Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholar Award among others.
1. Who won the 2016 Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholar Award?
a) Ramesh Raskar
b) Vivek Agnihotri
c) Dinesh Bharadia
d) Jairam Patel
2. Who is the winner of the 2016 Calcutta Football League?
a) Mohammedan Sporting
b) Black Watch
c) Mohun Bagan
d) East Bengal
3. Who was appointed as the Director of Research Centre Imarat?
a) BHVS Narayana Murthy
b) G. Satheesh Reddy
c) Madan Mohan Reddy
d) None of the above
4. United States’ President Barack Obama recently designated country’s first marine national monument in which of the following oceans?
a) Pacific Ocean
b) Atlantic Ocean
c) Arctic Ocean
d) Both (a) and (b)
5. Name the first woman governor of Arizona who passed away recently.
a) Kate Mofford
b) Rose Mofford
c) Kate Brown
d) Maggie Hasan
6. Who was recently appointed as the finance secretary of Odisha?
a) R Balakrishnan
b) Santosh Dubey
c) Surendra Kumar
d) Tuhin Kanta Pandey
7. Which country will host the Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank Group?
8. What was the theme of the 2016 International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer?
a) HCFC phase-out: a unique opportunity
b) Ozone Layer Protection: The Mission Goes On
c) Ozone and climate: Restored by a world united
d) 30 Years of Healing the Ozone Together
9. United States’ President Barack Obama recently designated a marine national monument. What is the name of the monument?
a) Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument
b) Northwest Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monument
c) Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monument
d) None of the above
10. India declared itself free from which infectious viral disease of birds?
a) Avian influenza
b) Pacheco's herpesvirus
c) Avian Bornavirus
d) Poxvirus Infections
11. Name the country with which India signed agreement to support livelihood of the fishing and farming communities of its Hambantota district.
d) Sri Lanka
12. Joint military training exercise of Indian and US Armies, coded as YUDH ABHYAS 2016, is being held in?
a) Chaubattia, Uttarakhand
b) Sri Nagar, Uttarakhand
c) Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
d) Ajmer, Rajasthan
13. Name the country that approved a new 18-billion Euros nuclear power station after imposing significant new safeguards to protect national security.
d) The United Kingdom
14. Tariq Hameed Karra who resigned from his membership of Parliament belonged to which party?
a) Peoples Democratic Party
b) Indian National Congress
c) National Conference
d) Janata Dal (United)
15. Name the Typhoon that killed at least eight people in South-eastern China and Taiwan.
1. (c) Dinesh Bharadia
2. (d) East Bengal
3. (a) BHVS Narayana Murthy
4. (b) Atlantic Ocean
5. (b) Rose Mofford
6. (d) Tuhin Kanta Pandey
7. (a) India
8. (c) Ozone and climate: Restored by a world united
9. (c) Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monument
10. (a) Avian influenza
11. (d) Sri Lanka
12. (a) Chaubattia, Uttarakhand
13. (a) The United Kingdom
14. (a) Peoples Democratic Party
15. (b) Meranti
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.