18 January 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like President of the European Parliament, Rishi Kapoor’s book and AIIB among others.
1. This premier medical institution signed 3 MoUs worth Rs 7670 crore with three public sector undertakings.
a) AIIMS, New Delhi
b) AIIMS, Raipur
c) AIIMS, Patna
d) AIIMS, Rishikesh
2. This many number of countries expressed interest in joining the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
a) 10 countries
b) 20 countries
c) 30 countries
d) 40 countries
3. The Global Talent Competitiveness Index report was released by
c) World Bank Group
d) International Monetary Fund
4. Inclusive Growth and Development Report 2017 was released by
a) World Economic Forum
b) New Development Bank
c) Asian Development Bank
d) Organanisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
5. What was India’s rank in the Inclusive Development Index 2017?
6. The world’s biggest cricket stadium will come up in which state?
7. Pinakin mobile app was launched by which state tourism department to boost tourism?
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
8. Name the astronaut who was the last man to walk on Moon and died recently.
a) Eugene Cernan
b) Harrison Schmitt
c) John Young
d) David Scott
9. Name the Indian professor who pioneered the work on black holes and died recently.
a) CK Venkata Ramayya
b) CV Vishveshwara
c) Surjit Singh Barnala
d) Rajiv Palkhivala
10. Scientists from Japan recently discovered which element as the 'missing element' in Earth's Core?
11. How many children have been selected for the 2016 national bravery awards?
12. Who of the following is the author of the book Khullam Khulla: Rishi Kapoor Uncensored?
a) Rishi Kapoor
b) Meena Iyer
c) Rishi Kapoor and Kiran Doshi
d) Rishi Kapoor and Meena Iyer
13. Name the body that was mandated by the Supreme Court to enforce the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) in Delhi-NCR.
a) Environment Pollution Control Authority
b) Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority
c) Pollution control authority
d) None of the above
14. Who was elected as the new President of the European Parliament in January 2017?
a) Sigmar Gabriel
b) Antonio Tajani
c) Gianni Pitella
d) Martin Schulz
15. A country that scrapped circulation of the most-used 100-bolivar note had issued new banknotes in January 2017. Name it.
1.(a) AIIMS, New Delhi
2. (c) 30 countries
4.(a) World Economic Forum
5. (d) 60
6. (c) Gujarat
7. (b) Tamil Nadu
8. (a) Eugene Cernan
9. (b) CV Vishveshwara
10. (c) Silicon
11. (c) 25
12. (d) Rishi Kapoor and Meena Iyer
13. (b) Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority
14. (b) Antonio Tajani
15. (a) Venezuela
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.