22 December 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Commonwealth Games in 2022, Officiating Chief of National Green Tribunal and Consumer Protection Bill among others.
1. Who was appointed as Officiating Chief of National Green Tribunal?
a) Justice UD Salvi
b) Justice Swatanter Kumar
c) Justice TS Thakur
d) Justice KJ Alphonso
2. Which city will host Commonwealth Games in 2022?
3. Name the exercise conducted by Indian Army's Southern Command in Rajasthan?
a) Malabar Naval Exercise
b) Eklavya 2017
c) Hamesha Vijayee
4. Which state government decided to beautify and upgrade the 187-year-old Babughat?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
5. Which Indian city was ranked 7th in most expensive office locations list as per JLL India Report 2017?
6. The Union Government recently gave environmental clearance for Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme in which state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
7. The high court of which state has ordered to cut off electricity, water supplies to the unregistered commercial establishments?
b) Himachal Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
8. The 20th Special Representatives level talks are underway between India and which nation?
a) Sri Lanka
9. Which Indian female cricketer has been selected for both ICC Women's ODI Cricket Team of the Year and ICC Women's T20 International Cricket Team of the Year?
a) Mithali Raj
b) Harmanpreet Kaur
c) Ekta Bisht
d) Veda Krishnamurthy
10. Which state’s assembly has passed a stringent bill, UPCOC, which is aimed at curbing organised crime and terror in the state?
d) Uttar Pradesh
11. The Union government has imposed a 30 % import duty on which food grain?
a) Mustard, Flax Seed
b) Urad, Arhar
c) Chana, Masoor
d) Maize, Barley
12. Who approved the Consumer Protection Bill?
b) Lok Sabha
c) Rajya Sabha
d) Union Cabinet
1. (a) Justice UD Salvi
The Union Government appointed Justice UD Salvi as Officiating Chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) following the superannuation of Justice Swatanter Kumar. He will serve the post until his retirement on 13 February 2018.
2. (b) Birmingham
Birmingham city will host the Commonwealth Games in 2022. The 2022 Commonwealth Games were originally given to Durban in 2015, but the South African city was stripped of the event because of financial difficulties. The multisports event was last held in Glasgow, Britain in 2014.
3. (c) Hamesha Vijayee
Pune-based Southern Command of Army conducted a major army exercise called 'Hamesha Vijayee' in the deserts of Rajasthan from 16 to 22 December 2017. The exercise aimed to evaluate the capability of the armed forces to strike deep into enemy territory in an integrated air-land battle.
4. (d) West Bengal
The West Bengal government decided to beautify and upgrade the 187-year-old Babughat on the banks of the Ganga in West Bengal. The ghat was originally known was Baboo Raj Chandra Ghat. Babu or Baboo in Bengali means a gentleman. It was built in 1830.
5. (a) Delhi
Delhi was ranked 7th in most expensive office locations list in the world, according to latest JLL India Report 2017. Delhi’s rents are more expensive than San Francisco, Dubai and Washington DC whereas Mumbai at 16th position scores higher than Los Angeles, Singapore and Paris.
6. (b) Telangana
The Expert Appraisal Committee of the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) recently accorded environmental clearance for the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme (KLIS) in Telangana. The project envisages construction of a barrage across River Godavari near Madigadda village in Karimnagar district of Telangana.
7. (b) Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh High Court has ordered to cut off electricity and water supplies to unregistered commercial establishments working as hotels, lodges or guest houses in Dharamshala and Parwanoo. Division Bench of acting Chief Justice Sanjay Karol and Justice Ajay Mohan Goel, said 26 hotels in Dharamshala and nine in Parwanoo face immediate disconnection of power and water supply.
8. (c) China
The 20th Special Representatives level talks between India and China are underway in New Delhi. The National Security Adviser and the Special Representative of India Ajit Doval is holding the talks with the Special Representative of China Yang Jiechi on the Boundary Question. The meeting assumes significance in the wake of disengagement of troops at Doklam.
9. (c) Ekta Bisht
Indian skipper Mithali Raj was on 21 December 2017 named in the ICC Women's ODI Cricket Team of the Year while left-arm spinner Ekta Bisht was the lone cricketer to find a place in the both the ODI and T20 Teams of the year announced by the world body.
10. (d) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Assembly has passed the stringent UPCOC bill, which is aimed at curbing organised crime and terror, by voice vote. A united Opposition expressed apprehension that the Uttar Pradesh Control of Organised Crimes (UPCOC) Bill, 2017, could be misused against political adversaries and the press and demanded that it be sent to the select committee of the House for scrutiny.
11. (c) Chana, Masoor
To protect the interest of farmers, the Union government on 21 December imposed 30% import duty on chana and masoor as their production is expected to be high during the forthcoming Rabi season.
12. (d) Union Cabinet
The Union Cabinet has approved a new Consumer Protection Bill that seeks to establish an authority to safeguard consumers' rights and has provisions for penalty and jail terms in case of adulteration and misleading ads by companies.