3 May 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Hero of I-League 2016-17 Award, Swachhta Pakhwada throughout India and Automated Weather Stations among others.
1. India’s second tallest flag pole was recently inaugurated in which of the following cities?
2. Who of the following was recently appointed as the Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee?
a) K.V. Thomas
b) Ghulam Nabi Azad
c) Mallikarjun Kharge
d) Shankarsinh Vaghela
3. Identify the Indian football player who was awarded the Hero of I-League 2016-17 Award.
a) Alfred Kemah Jaryan
b) Sunil Chhetri
c) Debjit Majumder
d) Jeje Lalpekhlua
4. Which of the following ministries is observing Swachhta Pakhwada throughout India?
a) Union Ministry of Textiles
b) Union Ministry of Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
c) Union Ministry of Railways
d) Union Ministry of Rural Development
5. Name the company that in May 2017 received the approval for exiting the corporate debt restructuring (CDR) scheme by the consortium of lenders led by IDBI.
a) Larsen and Toubro
b) Tata Steels
c) Adani Power
d) Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited
6. Which city became the first in the world to have its own Microsoft font?
c) New York
7. On whose 1000th Birth Anniversary, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched commemorative stamps?
8. Which state became first Indian state to use Automated Weather Stations?
9. Which company announced 'Solve for India' initiative to expand and energise the start-up ecosystem in tier II cities across India?
10. Which of the following became the first state in India to switch to the January-December financial year from existing April-March cycle?
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
11. Which country’s largest city has activated its visa-on-arrival facility for Indians having US visa or green card?
12. India slipped to which position in the recently released annual update of ICC T20 International team rankings?
13. World Press Freedom Day was observed globally on which date?
a) 1 May
b) 3 May
c) 2 May
d) 30 April
14. Which Indian actress will be attending UNICEF’s fundraising event in South Africa that aims to highlight the challenges faced by children affected by violence?
a) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
c) Priyanka Chopra
d) Deepika Padukone
15. Who of the following was honoured at the 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards with the ceremony's first-ever Icon award?
a) Miley Cyrus
b) Selena Gomez
c) Justin Bieber
d) Britney Spears
1. (d) Kolhapur
2. (c) Mallikarjun Kharge
3. (b) Sunil Chhetri
4. (a) Union Ministry of Textiles
5. (d) Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited
6. (a) Dubai
7. (b) Ramanujacharya
8. (c) Maharashtra
9. (d) Google
10. (c) Madhya Pradesh
11. (c) UAE
12. (a) 4th
13. (b) 3 May
14. (b) Priyanka Chopra
15. (d) Britney Spears