The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India’s first private sector small arms manufacturing plant, Express Wi-Fi and Tea Board of India among others.
1. India’s first private sector small arms manufacturing plant was set up in which state?
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
2. Who was appointed as Chairman of the Tea Board of India?
a) M G K V Bhanu
b) Prabhat Kamal Bezboruah
c) Santosh Sarangi
d) M S Boje Gowda
3. Which social networking site officially launched “Express Wi-Fi” internet services in India?
4. When is the International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) observed every year?
a) 1 May
b) 2 May
c) 3 May
d) 4 May
5. Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu released a set of four story books for children to create awareness regarding cleanliness among them. What is the title of book?
a) Swachh Desh ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani
b) Swachh Nagar ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani
c) Swachh Ghar ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani
d) Swachh Jungle ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani
6. Which beverage brand recently forayed into Indian Dairy Market recently?
7. Which state did not sign the Memorandum of Agreements (MoAs) with Power Trading Corporation (PTC) for the first wind auction scheme?
b) Uttar Pradesh
8. Who is the author of the book "Rising Star: The Making of Barack Obama" which was released recently?
a) Peter Baker
b) David Garrow
c) Gordon S Wood
d) Jonathan Allen
9. Which state announced to give an interim pension to Muslim women who have been divorced using the triple talaq provision?
b) West Bengal
10. Which school was shut down by Gujarat government recently?
a) Kasturba Gandhi School
b) Alfred High School
c) Irwin High School
d) None of the above
11. As per recent study, What is the probable cause of formation of world's biggest and most active volcanoes in Hawaii?
a) Shift in the Pacific plate's direction three million years ago
b) Shift in the North American plate's direction three million years ago
c) Collision of Pacific Plate with North American Plate three million years ago
d) All of the above
12. Who is the author of the set of books titled 'Swachh Jungle ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani'?
a) Anita Desai
b) Madhu Pant
c) Anant Pai
d) Neelam Saxena
13. The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) constituted a Technical Committee in accordance with Regulation 14 of the IBBI (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017.Who will be the chairperson of this committee?
a) Nand Lal Sarda
b) Pulak Ghosh
c) R B Barman
d) V G Kannan
14. Online classifieds company Quikr India Pvt. Ltd acquired which start-up for about USD 10 million?
15. Researchers at a university in Sweden developed world’s fastest camera called FRAME. What does FRAME stand for?
a) Frequency Reorganisation Algorithm for Multiple Exposures
b) Focus Recognition Algorithm for Multiple Exposures
c) Focus Reorganisation Algorithm for Multiple Exposures
d) Frequency Recognition Algorithm for Multiple Exposures
1. (a) Madhya Pradesh
2. (b) Prabhat Kamal Bezboruah
3. (c) Facebook
4. (d) 4 May
5. (d) Swachh Jungle ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani
6. (b) Pepsico
7. (a) Haryana
8. (b) David Garrow
9. (c) Assam
10. (b) Alfred High School
11. (a) Shift in the Pacific plate's direction three million years ago
12. (b) Madhu Pant
13. (c) R B Barman
14. (d) Zimmber
15. (d) Frequency Recognition Algorithm for Multiple Exposures