Current Affairs Today Headline- 20 June 2022
Find here Today's Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 20 June 2022.
- India reports 12,781 new cases, 8,537 recoveries and 18 deaths in the last 24 hours, active cases stand at 76,700.
- Centre bans 35 WhatsApp groups for spreading fake news on Agnipath scheme.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to visit Karnataka today where he will attend programmes in Bengaluru and Mysuru.
- A teenager was shot dead and three others including a police officer injured in a shooting in the Washington DC shooting.
- Australia's Deputy Prime Minister & Minister for Defence, Richard Marles to visit India from 20-23 June.
- EU signs energy deal with Egypt and Israel to wean itself off Russian gas.
- Trust in news falling globally with India one of the exceptions,as per Reuters Digital News Report 2022.
- Leftist ex-guerrilla Gustavo Petro lead with 65 percent of Colombian presidential votes counted.
- French President Emmanuel Macron’s alliance got the most seats in the final round of the parliamentary election on Sunday, but lost its parliamentary majority.
- Germany announced emergency measures on Sunday to ensure its energy needs after a drop in Russian gas supplies, including reverting to coal in what it called a "bitter but indispensable" step.
- The soaring temperatures in Europe in line with scientists' predictions that such phenomena will now strike earlier in the year due to global warming.
- Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra announces to recruit Agnipath Scheme trained young people.
- SpiceJet Q400 aircraft was operating SG-2962 (Delhi-Jabalpur) returned to Delhi safely after pressurization was not regained with rise in cabin altitude.
- A Delhi-bound SpiceJet flight returned to Patna airport after engine issues in the aircraft.
- The Delhi-bound IndiGo flight (6E 6394) from Guwahati returned to Guwahati airport due to a suspected bird hit after the takeoff. All passengers accommodated on another flight to Delhi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches torch relay for the 44th Chess Olympiad at Indira Gandhi Stadium in Delhi
- The 5th T20I between India and South Africa in Bengaluru abandoned due to rain, five-match India-SA series drawn 2-2.
- England's Matt Fitzpatrick wins US Open for first major title.
- World champion Max Verstappen wins Canadian Grand Prix, increasing his lead in this year’s Formula One title race on June 19, 2022.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS