Delhi government on 12 April 2016 launched PoochhO Carpool app to help people explore carpooling options during the 15-day exercise during the odd-even car-rationing scheme. The second phase of the scheme set to begin from 15 April 2015.
Features of the App
• Upon downloading, the users will have to register themselves to find carpooling options within a radius of 1 to 5 kilometers.
• Those having cars would be required to give their vehicle number. For instance, someone, who has an even-numbered car and wants to carpool on an odd date, can search for odd-numbered cars. He will immediately get a list of odd-numbered cars in the vicinity.
• To ensure safety, especially of women, users are not required to mention their mobile number and also can communicate with the car driver through a chat feature in the app.
• The app is also targeted at fathers who would pick their wards from schools in the afternoon, as women with children aged up to 12 years and in school uniform have been exempted from the scheme.
• Sub-Divisional Magistrates (SDMs) will be asked to approach representatives of RWAs and orangisations to download the app.
PoochhO Carpool app was developed by Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS). It can be downloaded on Google Play store for Android users.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana: Delhi Government launches Free Pilgrimage Scheme for senior citizens
Railways Ministry, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum sign MoU to foster tourism in Delhi NCR
Delhi’s Signature Bridge: All you need to know
Delhi Metro Pink Line: Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake - Shiv Vihar section opens for public