The Election Commission of India (ECI) on 3 March 2015 launched National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Programme (NERPAP) throughout India. The programme was launched with the prime objective to bring a total error-free and authenticated electoral roll.
• NERPAP will focus on improving image quality of electors along with sorting issues like corrections of errors etc.
• During the NERPAP, Electronic Privacy Information Centre (EPIC) data of electors will be linked with Aadhar data of UIDAI for the purpose of authentication.
• Electors was provided with the facility where they can feed their respective Aadhar number through sms, email, mobile application and National Voters Service Portal (NVSP) by using web services through election commission website.
• Electors can also feed Aadhar number by making a call at 1950 to state call centres or by submitting the details of Aadhar number and EPIC number in a hard copy of duly filled up Form along with photocopy of both the documents, namely EPIC and Aadhar card.
• The collection and feeding of Aadhar will also be done by Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) by organizing Special Camp, Voter Facilitation Centres, e-Seva centres and Citizen Service Centres authorised by the DEOs (District Magistrate).
• Booth Level Officers (BLOs) will also collect the details of electors during door to door survey.
• Nationwide special camps will be organized by the Electoral Registration Officer on 12 April 2015 to ensure maximum public participation.
• The NERPAP has been provided a facility for voluntarily Disclosure of Multiple Entries by the Voters. The electors with multiple registrations in electoral rolls are advised to fill Form-7 for deletion of their names from the places except where they ordinarily reside.
• The electors may submit Form through Web Portal of NVSP or at EROs Facilitation Centres or Special Camps or Other Centres such as E-Seva, CSC and so on.
What: Launched by ECI
When: 3 March 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.