The International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) on 22 August 2016 announced that the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup will be hosted in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
The tournament will take place from 7 October 2016 and will conclude on 22 October 2016.
Gujarat will play host to 12 Kabaddi teams from around the world including India, USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Iran, Poland, Pakistan, and others.
The Kabaddi World Cup matches will be held in The Arena by TransStadia, upcoming state-of-the-art stadium in Ahmedabad.
About Kabaddi World Cup
• Kabaddi is a contact sport that originated in Ancient India.
• India always dominated the event by winning all the gold medals in both men's and women's category.
• Kabaddi World Cup was first played in 2004, then in 2007 and then annually from 2010 onwards.
• 2004 and 2007 were played in Standard Style and other years in Circle Style.
• World Cup 2015 was cancelled because of 2015 Guru Granth Sahib desecration controversy.
• Sri Muktsar Sahib in Punjab was the host of the Kabaddi World Cup 2014.
• The winner of the Kabaddi World Cup 2014 was India. New Zealand was the Runner-up. Pakistan stood on the third place.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App