Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on July 16, 2018 launched the 'Paudhagiri' campaign with an aim to increase the green cover in Haryana.
CM Khattar launched the 'Paudhagiri' campaign by planting a 'maulsari' sapling in the Tau Devi Lal Sports Complex premises of Gurgaon.
Highlights of 'Paudhagiri' Campaign
• Under this plantation drive, 22 lakh students from class 6 to 12 of all government and private schools in Haryana will plant a sapling each during three months of monsoon -- July, August and September.
• Every student will get a sapling from the Forest department and they can plant it either in the courtyard of their house, field or park or school or at any open space available in their proximity.
• Students can even name the plant according to their likes, maybe after the name of great personalities of the country, freedom fighters or after the name of any of their family members or their ancestors.
• Students who plant a sapling will have to take care of it for the next three years.
• During these 3 years, once in every six months, students will be required to upload their selfie with their plant on the App. The students will soon be made aware about the mobile app, using which they can upload the selfies.
• Students will be given an incentive of Rs 50 in every six months from the government for uploading their selfies on the app. Thus, the student will get Rs 300 in the next three years for looking after a sapling planted by him or her.
• In a span of three years, the sapling comes in a position to survive on its own and in 10 years, it starts giving flowers, fruits, shade and also help in checking global warming.
On the same occasion, the chief minister also distributed plants to the students and flagged off the tractor trolleys carrying plants to various schools of the district. Overall 3100 students from various schools of the district participated in the launch of the plantation drive.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports