The Haryana Government on 1 April 2016 notified its Affordable Plotted Housing Policy 2016 for low and medium potential towns also known as Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojna.
The policy is intended to encourage the development of high density plotted colonies in Low and Medium Potential towns of the State wherein small plots are made available through a liberal policy framework.
Salient Features of the Policy
• This policy will enable the creation of additional affordable housing stock in the low and medium potential towns of the state.
• All projects are being required to be completed within seven years from the date of granting the license.
• Not more than 30 per cent of the net planned area under residential zone, inclusive of 20 per cent area limit for group housing projects, can be allowed for projects under this policy.
• The minimum and maximum net planned area for such projects would be five acres and 15 acres respectively. Not more than 10 per cent of the licensed area should fall under sector roads.
• The maximum permissible area of a plot shall be 150 square metres.
• The coloniser would transfer 10 per cent area of the licenced colony free of cost to the government for community facilities.
• Registration of independent floors in plots and stilt parking will be allowed.
• Allotment of 50 per cent residential plots covering saleable area (excluding 50 per cent area frozen by the department) would be undertaken in the first phase by the licensee or colonizer.
• The coloniser would also carry out development works simultaneously on the frozen area also.
• Internal Development Works (IDW) would get 15 per cent area mortgaged and that would be part of 50 per cent area frozen by the department up to completion of IDW in the colony.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 1 April 2016