The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) on April 4, 2018 constituted a High Powered Committee to examine the entire system of conducting Class X and Class XII examinations, conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
The committee was constituted with the main aim of preventing leakages.
Chairman and Members of the committee
Vinay Sheel Oberoi, retired Secretary of Higher Education, MHRD, will be the Chairperson of the 7 member High Power Committee. The other members are:
• Pavnesh Kumar, retired Controller of Examination, CBSE
• Prof JS Rajput, India representative on the executive board of the UNESCO, former Director of NCERT and former Chairman of NCTE
• Prof Vasudha Kamat, Independent Director of IRCON and Former VC of SNDT Women’s University
• Prof Krishna Mohan Tripathy, Ex-Director of Education of UP
• Senior representative of DG, NIC;
• Joint Secretary (SE-II)
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Terms of reference of the committee
• To analyse all aspects related to the security checks for ensuring that the question papers reach the examinees without tampering.
• To assess all the areas of potential weakness in the present system of transporting question papers from the printing presses to the examinees.
• To recommend ways to make examination system more secure with the use of technology and minimization of human intervention.
• The committee will submit its report by on or before May 31, 2018.
Chhattisgarh Governor Balramji Das Tandon passes away
Government dismisses Allahabad Bank CEO Usha Ananthasubramanian from service
Private companies need to disclose compliance under Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act: Government
IRDAI constitutes working group to review norms for insurance surveyors