India overtook Japan to become the third largest crude oil importer in the World. As per the data released by Reuters on 30 January 2014, India imported 3.86 million barrels-per-day of crude oil in the year 2013.
India's crude oil imports were nearly 6 percent higher than Japan's customs-cleared imports of 3648372 barrels-per-day (211716710 kilolitres).
Recently, China had overtaken USA to become the world’s largest importer of crude oil.
World’s Top Five Oil-Importing Countries
1. China: China imports 6.30 million barrels per day
2. U.S.A: USA imports 6.24 million barrels per day
3. India: India imports 3.86 million barrels per day
4. Japan: Japan imports 3.64 million barrels per day
5. Germany: Germany imports 2.67 million barrels per day