India became third largest crude oil importer in the World
India overtook Japan to become the third largest crude oil importer in the World.
India overtook Japan to become the third largest crude oil importer in the World. As per the data released by Reuters on 30 January 2014, India imported 3.86 million barrels-per-day of crude oil in the year 2013.
India's crude oil imports were nearly 6 percent higher than Japan's customs-cleared imports of 3648372 barrels-per-day (211716710 kilolitres).
Recently, China had overtaken USA to become the world’s largest importer of crude oil.
World’s Top Five Oil-Importing Countries
1. China: China imports 6.30 million barrels per day
2. U.S.A: USA imports 6.24 million barrels per day
3. India: India imports 3.86 million barrels per day
4. Japan: Japan imports 3.64 million barrels per day
5. Germany: Germany imports 2.67 million barrels per day