India and Russia on 15 October 2016 signed 16 agreements during India-Russia Annual Summit across multiple sectors.
The MoUs were signed in Goa during India-Russia Annual Summit co-chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin. President Putin is on a visit to India to attend 2016 Goa BRICS summit.
List of agreements/MOUs exchanged
• Memorandum of Understanding proposed to be executed between EDB, Joint Stock Company Аlexeev’s Central Hydrofoil Design Bureau, Joint Stock Company Radar Mms, Joint Stock Company Morinsis-AGAT and Elcom Systems Private Limited for developing the following:
(i) A single integrated Transport Logistics System
(ii) Concept of Smart city
(iii) Intellectual monitoring system for the areas of high responsibility, in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
• MoU on studying perspectives for cooperation in shipbuilding, implementation of infrastructure projects, transfer of technologies and training foreign specialists: It was inked between JSC United Shipbuilding Corporation and the Council for Economic Cooperation of Andhra Pradesh.
• MoU on Cooperation in the implementation of smart cities program in India with the use of IT solutions of the Russian companies: It was inked between JSC "Rusinformexport” and the Ministry of Urban Development of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, State Company National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd., Government of Haryana.
• MoU on the joint study of a gas pipeline to India and the other possible areas of Cooperation: It was inked between Gazprom and Engineers India Limited.
• Rosneft to purchase 98% Essar Oil: as per the decision a Russian consortium comprising energy giant Rosneft Oil Company, commodities trader Trafigura and private investment group United Capital Partners agreed to purchase 98 percent of Essar Oil for 10.9 billion dollars.
• Cooperation Agreement in the area of Education and Training: It was inked between Rosneft Oil Company and ONGC Videsh Limited.
• MoU on setting up of Investment Fund: It was inked between NIIF and RDIF.
• Signing of MoU for Cooperation in increasing the speed of trains between Nagpur- Secundrabad / Hyderabad: It was inked between Indian and Russian railways.
• Signing of the shareholder agreement for establishing a Joint Venture to manufacture Ka-226T helicopter in India.
• MoU on Mutual Allocation of Ground Measurement Gathering Stations for GLONASS AND NAvIC: It was inked between ISRO and ROSCOSMOS.
• MoU on expansion of Bilateral Trade and Economic Cooperation: it was inked between Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation and the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
• MoU between Department of Science & Technology (India) and FASO (Russia)
• Programme of Cooperation in Oil and Gas Sector for the period 2017-18
• Protocol for consultations between the Ministry of External Affairs & Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia for the period 2017-18.
• Agreement on cooperation in International Information Security
• Signing of IGA to purchase/construct four additional 1135.6 frigates though partnership between Russian and Indian shipyard
• Signing of IGA for the procurement of S-400 Air Defence System.
They also decided to adopt a Roadmap of Events' to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Russian in 2017. They also released a joint statement partnership for global peace and stability.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App