The second edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC) is scheduled to be held from October 25-27, 2018 in New Delhi. The decision was taken after the successful debut of the first edition in 2017.
The information was shared by Union Communications Minister Manoj Sinha on April 13, 2018 during the curtain raiser ceremony of IMC. He said that the 2018 edition of the Congress would be hosted by the Union Department of Telecommunications and the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI).
The event serves as an ideal platform for policy makers, industry and regulators to engage in meaningful deliberations to drive the future direction of the communications sector.
• The 2018 edition of IMC will witness participation from ASEAN and BIMSTEC members as well.
• Overall, more than 200,000 professionals from various sectors of the telecom industry including 5G, start-up ecosystem, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Smart Cities and allied industry sectors are expected to attend the event.
• The exhibition would feature more than 1,300 exhibitors.
• The event is expected to be instrumental in driving further growth in India’s technology adoption across sectors.
• It will bring together all stakeholders in the Telecommunications and IT ecosystem and provide the right forum for deliberations on the way forward in connectivity solutions.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Focus areas of IMC 2018
The main areas that would be addressed in the IMC 2018 include networks of the future, new technologies, enhancing consumer experience and startups.
The platform would also be used to launch a thousand apps.
This year, the organizers will also involve the state governments, as states are already active partners in Bharat Net project.
The first edition of IMC, which was held in September 2017, was attended by around 2,000 delegates, 32,000 visitors, 152 speakers, 100 exhibitors and 100 start-ups.
Where: New Delhi
When: October 2018