Indian-origin lawyer Davinder Singh in the second week of February 2016 was appointed as a vice-chair of the International Chamber of Commerce’s Commission on Corporate Responsibility and Anti-corruption.
With this appointment, Davinder Singh, a citizen of Singapore, became one of three vice-chairs of the commission. Other two vice-chairs are François Vincke of Belgium and Iohann Le Frapper of France.
About Davinder Singh
• He is the Chief Executive Officer of Drew & Napier LLC.
• He graduated from the National University of Singapore, and was admitted to the Singapore Bar in 1983.
• He litigated cases in the Singapore Courts in almost every area of the law, including landmark cases.
• He also has an active international arbitration practice involving complex commercial disputes and multiple jurisdictions.
• He was the only Singapore lawyer to win the Outstanding Contribution to the Legal Profession Award at the Chambers APAC Awards 2014.
• He also led the team which won the Cross-border Dispute/Litigation of the Year award for its successful prosecution of one of the largest corruption cases in Brunei Darussalam.
• He was also a former Member of Parliament for Bishan-Toa Payoh Group Representation Constituency from 1988 to 2006.
About ICC & Commission on Corporate Responsibility and Anti-corruption
• ICC is the largest, most representative business organization in the world.
• ICC has three main activities: rule setting, dispute resolution, and policy advocacy.
• Its hundreds of thousands of member companies in over 180 countries have interests spanning every sector of private enterprise.
• ICC was formed in 1919 and its headquarters is located in Paris, France.
• The Commission on Corporate Responsibility and Anti-corruption works closely with the ICC on corruption related issues.
• The focus of the commission is on issues related to anti-money laundering, counter terrorist-financing, public procurement and anti-corruption clauses in model contracts (Commercial Law and Practice).
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.