The Indo-Oman joint military exercise Al Nagah-II 2017 concluded on 19 March 2017 at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh.
The bilateral exercise of the Indian Army and the Royal Army of Oman was declared closed by Major General Naveen Kumar Airy of the Indian Army.
Highlights of Al Nagah-II 2017
• Al Nagah-II 2017 was the second edition of the joint exercise between the Indian and Oman armies. The previous edition of the exercise was held in Muscat, Oman in 2015.
• The 14-day joint exercise began on 6 March 2017 with an opening ceremony.
• The aim of the exercise was to acquaint both forces with each other’s operating procedures, improve the interoperability in conducting joint operations in the backdrop of counter-insurgency and counter- terrorism environment.
• The training contingents comprised of platoon strength from both the armies.
• The exercise also sought to enhance the existing military relationship between the Indian Army and the Royal Army of Oman.
• During the exercise, the troops of the two armies shared expertise in counter-insurgency and other operations in various terrains like snow-bound areas and dense woods.
• The exercise also demonstrated the determination of the two armies in working closely with each other to eradicate the menace of terrorism in all its forms.
• The joint military exercise is a milestone in defence co-operation and military relations between the two countries.
When: 19 March 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.