Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) on 21 July 2015 launched a mobile banking app named 'Kotak Bharat'. The application will require no internet connectivity.
This inclusive digital banking app has been created to benefit the customers in the under-banked and un-banked regions of the country.
Features of Kotak Bharat
• Access your Savings or Current Accounts and Credit Cards from anywhere.
• Available on Android.
• It's safe, as it works only through the mobile number registered with the bank and allows only basic banking and recharge transactions.
• No PIN or password is required to access this app.
• All requests are processed by SMS and do not require internet access to transact. Standard SMS charges will apply.
• 23 banking transactions including prepaid mobile/DTH recharge.
• Link your Aadhaar (UID) to bank account.
• Apply for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY).
At present the application is available in Hindi and English language, but by end of August 2015 it will have other languages like Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil and Kannada.
Further, more Indian languages will be added to the application to help customers to access this service in their preferred language.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 21 July 2015