Ministry of External Affairs’ mPassport Seva Mobile App for iOS and Windows Phone Platforms
The Ministry of External Affairs launched the mPassport Seva mobile app for iOS and Windows Phone platforms.
The Ministry of External Affairs, in the first week of November 2013 launched the mPassport Seva mobile app for iOS and Windows Phone platforms. It had already launched this application for the Android platforms.
About the app- mPassport Seva
• The mPassport Seva mobile app facilitates the passport-related information on the smartphones to the users who have downloaded this application.
• The application is basically an extended service of Passport Seva Project, which was executed in Public-Private-Partnership mode with Tata Consultancy Services.
• The application allows the Indian citizens to get the passport-related information on their smartphones.
• It provides various other services such as locating the nearest passport office, status tracking as well as other general information.
• The application also offers information on the steps involved in getting the passport-related service as well as related phone numbers.
• The application allows the users to search for the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or District Passport Cell (DPC) in a district where he/she has submitted the passport application.
• This facility can also be utilised for the overseas citizens who wish to apply for the passport service in Indian Posts/Missions abroad.
• The mPassport Seva mobile app also offers the Fee Calculator feature which allows the users to search for the applicable fee depending upon the service and mode of submission.
• The users can easily track status of the passport applications by giving information about their date of birth and file number.
• The application is downloadable free of cost at the Windows, iOS and Android phones.