Government of Madhya Pradesh (MP) will host Global Investors Summit (GIS) 2014 in October at Indore to attract major investment in Madhya Pradesh. The summit is scheduled to be held from 8 October 2014 to 10 October 2014.
The theme of the Global Investors Summit 2014 is Invest Madhya Pradesh.
Highlights of the Global Investors Summit 2014
• The three-day summit will aim to showcase the strengths and industrial prowess of Madhya Pradesh and provide global platform for interaction with the Indian industry leaders, policy makers and other stakeholders.
• The focus sectors will be agri-business and food processing, automobile and engineering, healthcare, industrial infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, IT, renewable energy, textile and handloom, technical education and skill development, tourism and urban development.
• Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation is tasked with the duty to make special arrangements of recreational outings for domestic and foreign participants of the GIS.
• Australia, Mexico, Canada, Czech Republic, Republic of South Africa and Quebec will participate in the summit as partner countries.
• The ambassadors and high commissioners of Poland, Belgium, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Sweden, Mexico, Canada, Czech Republic, South Africa, Malaysia and Australia have also confirmed their participation.
Madhya Pradesh first organised the Global Investors Summit (GIS) in 2007 when it signed 102 Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) worth 1.20 trillion rupees. Every summit is based on a particular theme and aimed at bringing together business leaders, investors, corporations, thought leaders, policy and opinion makers.
Last Global Investors Summit was held in 2012 which witnessed 15 Partner States, 1300 MSME Delegates, 850 MSMEs, 10 Sector Seminar as well as 2200 Delegates.
Specialty of Madhya Pradesh
• MP is rich in natural resources including fuels, mineral agriculture and biodiversity.
• It is the only diamond producing state in India.
• The state has the coalfield with Asia’s thickest coal seam of 135 meters as well as India’s largest opencast copper mine.
• Around 14 percent of the cement is produced in Madhya Pradesh.
• Madhya Pradesh has received three Krishi Karman award for three consecutive years 2012, 2013 and 2014.
• Madhya Pradesh has immense potential for wildlife tourism, adventure and eco-tourism.
• About 20,000 hectares of land is available for industrial development in Madhya Pradesh.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.