The Punjab Government has released Rs. 90 lakh for the construction of an ultra-modern cattle pond at a village called Kanian Kalan in Jalandhar district.
The announcement was made by Keemti Bhagat, the Chairman of Punjab Gau Sewa Commission. Elaborating more on the project, Bhagat said that the project would be completed on the lines of the cattle pond at Mansa, having the capacity of more than 2000 cattle.
Speaking further on the development, Deputy Commissioner of Jalandhar, Varinder Kumar Sharma said that a detailed project report for the same had already been prepared by the animal husbandry department.
• The project is expected to reach completion in the next two months.
• Sub Divisional Magistrate Shahkot has been given the charge of overseeing the construction of the project.
• The SDM would also be required to ensure the maintenance of all kinds of records at the cattle pond.
• From the allotted Rs. 90 lakh, Rs. 50 lakh would be used for feeding the live stock.
• Around Rs 16 lakh would be utilized for the construction of a new shed.
Besides ensuring there are adequate water supply and drainage facilities at the cattle pond, the SDM would be required to ensure that there are separate sheds for livestock having different nature or belonging to different age group.
The pond would also have a vaternity dispensary at the site with 24-hour treatment facilities.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports