NCR Punjab Royals on 19 January 2017 were crowned the champions of the Pro Wrestling League Season 2.
The Punjab Royals triumphed over Haryana Hammers 5-4 at the K D Jadhav Indoor Stadium in New Delhi.
The winners were presented with the Champions trophy along with a prize money of Rs. 1 crore and 90 lacs. The runners up were awarded the prize money of Rs. 1 crore and 10 lacs.
About Pro Wrestling League
• The Pro Wrestling League (PWL) is the initiative of ProSportify and Wrestling Federation of India.
• The first season of this league was among 6 city-based teams. Around 66 wrestlers from different countries of the world took part in the Season One.
• Three-time women's world champion Adeline Gray of USA called the league a "historic move in international wrestling that, by bringing in huge sums of money, has taken a bold step in popularizing the sport at world level."
• There are six teams who compete in the League. Each team consists of a total of 1 Icon and 8 other players. Among them, there are 5 Indians and 4 foreign players. They consist of 5 men and 4 women.
• The six teams for the Season 2 were: Haryana Hammers, NCR Punjab Royals, Mumbai Maharathi, Jaipur Ninjas, Colors Delhi Sultans, UP Dangal.
• There are 5 weight categories (57 kg, 65 kg, 74 kg, 97 kg, 125 kg) for men, and 4 weight categories (49 kg, 53 kg, 58 kg, 69 kg) for women.
• Revanta Mumbai Garuda was the winner of the Pro Wrestling League Season 1.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.