Rafael Nadal of Spain won Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open 2013 on 17 March 2013. Nadal defeated Argentine Juan Martin del Potro 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 in the final. After winning Tokyo Open in October 2010, this is the first hard court victory of Nadal. With this, Nadal became number 4 in the world ranking.
Apart from this, Maria Sharapova won the first title of 2013 in women’s final of the tournament by defeating Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 6-2.
About Rafael Nadal
• This is the third title of Nadal for 2013. Earlier, he had won Brazil and Mexican Open.
• Nadal had won ATP Mexican Open Tennis Tournament on 2 March 2013. He had won the same title in 2005 as well.
• This is the 600th victory of Nadal.
• He won 11 Grand Slam titles till February 2013.
• In May 2012, he had won French Open as well. He won a total of 7 French Open titles.
About Maria Sharapova
• This is the first title for Maria Sharapova in the year 2013.
• With this victory, Maria Sharapova climbed to number 2 in the World Ranking.
• This is for the second time that she has won the Indian Wells title. Earlier, she had won the title in 2006.