Rafael Nadal and Maria Sharapova Won Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open 2013 Titles
Rafael Nadal of Spain won Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open 2013 on 17 March 2013. Maria Sharapova won the first title of 2013 in women’s final of the tournament.
Rafael Nadal of Spain won Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open 2013 on 17 March 2013. Nadal defeated Argentine Juan Martin del Potro 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 in the final. After winning Tokyo Open in October 2010, this is the first hard court victory of Nadal. With this, Nadal became number 4 in the world ranking.
Apart from this, Maria Sharapova won the first title of 2013 in women’s final of the tournament by defeating Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 6-2.
About Rafael Nadal
• This is the third title of Nadal for 2013. Earlier, he had won Brazil and Mexican Open.
• Nadal had won ATP Mexican Open Tennis Tournament on 2 March 2013. He had won the same title in 2005 as well.
• This is the 600th victory of Nadal.
• He won 11 Grand Slam titles till February 2013.
• In May 2012, he had won French Open as well. He won a total of 7 French Open titles.
About Maria Sharapova
• This is the first title for Maria Sharapova in the year 2013.
• With this victory, Maria Sharapova climbed to number 2 in the World Ranking.
• This is for the second time that she has won the Indian Wells title. Earlier, she had won the title in 2006.