Gandhi Before India: Ramachandara Guha
Historian and author Ramchandra Guha wrote a book on early years of Mahatma Gandhi. The book titled with Gandhi Before India. The Penguin’s publishers told on 25 September 2013 that the book will be available in the market on 1 October 2013.
In this book Ramachandra Guha outlined the life of Mahatma Gandhi from his birth on 2 October 1869 at Porbandar, Gujarat to till his return to India from South Africa in 1915.
About Ramchandra Guha
• He is a historian and Author.
• He was appointed the Philippe Roman Chair of International Affairs and History at the London School of Economics for 2011–12.
• He also wrote books titled Patriots and Partisans, Makers of Modern India and India after Gandhi.
• He received Padma Bhushan in 2009.
• He received the Sahitya Akademi award for India After Gandhi in 2011.
• He is also a columnist in the newspapers The Telegraph and Hindustan Times and also pens for the magazines The Caravan and Outlook.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.