Ranjan Mathai, the former Foreign Secretary of India on 9 December 2013 took over as the India's High Commissioner to the UK. He has succeeded Jaimini Bhagwati, who retired recently from the post.
About Ranjan Mathai
• Born on 24 May 1952, the 61-year old Mathai joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1974
• On 31 July 2013, he demitted the office of Foreign Secretary and was replaced by Sujata Singh as the new Foreign Secretary
• He has served as the Ambassador of India to France in January 2007
• From August 2005 to January 2007, he held the post of the Deputy High Commissioner of India to the UK in London
• From August 2001 to July 2005, he served as the Ambassador of India to Qatar
• From February 1998 to June 2001, he has served as the Ambassador of India to Israel
• From January 1995 to February 1998, he was the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (BSM) in New Delhi
• He has headed the division that dealt the India’s relations with Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Maldives
• He has served in Indian Missions in Vienna, Colombo, Washington, Tehran and Brussels
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.