Ranjan Mathai took over as the India's High Commissioner to UK
The former Foreign Secretary of India, Ranjan Mathai took over as the India's High Commissioner to the UK.
Ranjan Mathai, the former Foreign Secretary of India on 9 December 2013 took over as the India's High Commissioner to the UK. He has succeeded Jaimini Bhagwati, who retired recently from the post.
About Ranjan Mathai
• Born on 24 May 1952, the 61-year old Mathai joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1974
• On 31 July 2013, he demitted the office of Foreign Secretary and was replaced by Sujata Singh as the new Foreign Secretary
• He has served as the Ambassador of India to France in January 2007
• From August 2005 to January 2007, he held the post of the Deputy High Commissioner of India to the UK in London
• From August 2001 to July 2005, he served as the Ambassador of India to Qatar
• From February 1998 to June 2001, he has served as the Ambassador of India to Israel
• From January 1995 to February 1998, he was the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (BSM) in New Delhi
• He has headed the division that dealt the India’s relations with Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Maldives
• He has served in Indian Missions in Vienna, Colombo, Washington, Tehran and Brussels