Rituparno Ghosh, the renowned Bengali film maker died on 30 May 2013 of cardiac arrest at his south Kolkata residence.
49 Years old Rituparno Ghosh is the winner of 12 national and some of the international awards. Ghosh came into limelight by his direction of a children's film Hirer Angti in year 1994. His film Unishe April won national award winner in 1995.
Some of his famous films include Dahan, Asukh, Chokher Bali, Raincoat, Bariwali, Antarmahal and Noukadubi.
He had won the Best Director National Award for Abohomanin year 2012. Rituparno Ghosh was born on 31 August 1963 in Kolkata. His father was a well known documentary filmmaker.
A brief Insight into Ghosh's Career
• Rituparno started his career as a advertising Professional and his directional debut was Hirer Angti (The diamond ring).
• He won the National film award for Best Director for his Bengali film Abohoman starring Jishu Sengupta, Ananya Chatterjee, Dipankar Dey and Mamata Shankar.
• He made his first screen presence in an Oriya film Katha Deithilli Ma Ku which is directed by Himanshu Parija and released in 2003.
• He hosted two celebrity chat shows, namely Ebong Rituporno on ETV Bangla and Ghosh and co. on Star Jalsha.
• He was also the scriptwriter of Gaaner Opa.