Sanjiv Goenka was recently selected as the Chairman of the Board of Governors at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
Goenka will serve as the Chairman of the institute for three years.
Goenka was nominated by the President, Pranab Mukherjee, in his capacity as Visitor of the Institute.
This will be his second stint for Goenka as the Chairman of Board of Governors. He previously served as the Chairman of the premier institute between 2002 and 2007.
About Sanjiv Goenka
• Sanjiv Goenka is the Chairman of RP Sanjiv Goenka Group.
• He has also served as a former member of the Prime Minister’s Council on Trade and Industry.
• At present, he is serving as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Woodlands Medical Centre Ltd., a premier hospital located in Kolkata.
• In 2009-10, he became the President of the All India Management Association (AIMA).
• He has also been a member of the Prime Minister’s Council on Trade & Industry.
• The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is a public engineering institution.
• It was established by the Government of India in 1951.
• It is the first of the IITs to be established, and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports