Shashi Kapoor - the Householder, the Star: Aseem Chhabra
Yesteryear’s Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor’s biography titled Shashi Kapoor – the Householder, the Star was released on 6 May 2016.
The book, which attempts to delve into the nature and nurture of Shashi Kapoor, is authored by film journalist Aseem Chhabra.
Shashi Kapoor - the Householder, the Star is the first biography of the veteran actor.
About Shashi Kapoor
• Born as Balbir Raj Prithviraj Kapoor on 18 March 1938, Shashi Kapoor is an Indian film actor and film producer.
• He has also been a film director and assistant director in the Hindi film industry.
• He is a member of the Kapoor family, a film dynasty in India's Bollywood cinema.
• He has appeared in a large number of Hindi language films as well as in a few English-language films.
• He started acting in films as a child in the late 1940s, appearing in commercial films including Sangram and Dana Paani under the name of Shashiraj.
• His best known performances as child artist were in Aag and Awaara.
• He made his debut as a leading man in the 1961 film Dharmputra.
• In 2011, he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India for his contributions to Art-Cinema.
• In 2015, he was awarded the 2014 Dadasaheb Phalke Award. He is the third member of his family to receive the highest award in Indian Cinema after Prithviraj Kapoor and Raj Kapoor.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 6 May 2016