The advisory committee of the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award on 30 July 2016 decided that the 23rd Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award will be given to Shubha Mudgal.
Mudgal will be honoured for her outstanding contribution towards the promotion of communal harmony, peace and goodwill.
The singer will be presented with the Award on 20 August 2016 at Jawahar Bhawan Auditorium.
About Shubha Mudgal
• Shubha Mudgal is a well-known Indian singer of Hindustani classical music, Khayal, Thumri, Dadra, and Indian pop music.
• In 1996, she was awarded the 1996 National Film Award for Best Non-Feature Film Music Direction for Amrit Beej.
• At the 34th Chicago International Film Festival, she was awarded the 1998 Gold Plaque Award for Special Achievement in Music for her music in the film Dance of the Wind.
• In 2000, she was honoured with the Padma Shri.
About Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award
• Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award is an Indian award given for outstanding contribution towards promotion of communal harmony, national integration and peace.
• The award was instituted by All India Congress Committee of the Indian National Congress Party in 1992.
• It was instituted to commemorate the lasting contribution made by the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
• The award carries a citation and a cash award of 10 lakh rupees.
• It is given on 20 August, the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi, which is celebrated as Sadbhavna Diwas.
• In 2014, the award was given to filmmaker Muzaffar Ali.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Shubha Mudgal