The South Asian Annual Disaster Management Exercise (SAADMEx) 2015 was on 26 November 2015 concluded by the Union Government in Delhi. This was the first-ever joint exercise to be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) of India.
This joint exercise was attended by South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) member countries from 23 November to 26 November 2015. The member countries are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Highlights of the SAADMEx 2015
• It aimed to synchronise efforts to institutionalise regional cooperation on disaster response among SAARC member countries.
• The main focus was to test the inter-governmental coordination, create synergy and synchronise efforts to institutionalise regional cooperation on disaster response among the member countries of SAARC.
• Through the exercise, the important aspects of responding to disasters by pooling of resources/expertise were addressed.
• Joint Field Training Exercise on Collapsed Structure Search & Rescue (CSSR) techniques was conducted by NDRF with active participation of all eight member nations of SAARC.
• In the Joint Field Training Exercise, NDRF successfully painted the real disaster like scenario that was dealt by the Rescue Team of each SAARC nation to understand their CSSR capabilities.
• Joint Field Training Exercise on Chemical Emergency was also conducted by NDRF with active participation of SAARC nations where rescue teams of these countries promptly responded to the scenario of leakage of gases that was painted by NDRF.
• During the course of the exercise, various types of latest gadgets and equipments as well as varied Disaster Response skill sets were demonstrated by the teams of the participating nations.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 26 November 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.