First Children's Court was on 25 August 2016 inaugurated in Hyderabad. Moreover, it was also the first Children Court in South India. However, two other states Goa and Delhi have already got their child friendly court.
The court was jointly inaugurated by acting High Court Chief Justice Ramesh Ranganathan and TS director general of police (DGP) Anurag Sharma. It was presided by T Rajani, Metropolitan Sessions judge, and Dr Soumya Misra, inspector general of police (IG), Crime Investigation Department.
Highlights of the Children's Court
• Features like separate waiting rooms for children and a video camera trial for the accused will be available.
• The child (witness/victim) will be allowed direct interaction with the judge.
• The accused, who will be at a different location, will be able to view and hear the proceedings via two-way video conferencing in the courtroom
• A two-way video communication system will allow the child witness to identify the accused on camera.
• The judge will not sit on a dais to be more approachable and the police accompanying a child will also not be in uniform.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 25 August 2016