Tapan Kumar Chand was elected as the President of the Aluminium Association of India (AAI). His election took place unanimously on 29 February 2016 at the National Governing Council Meeting of the AAI in Bhubaneshwar.
He succeed SK Roongta who is the former Chairman of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) and Vedanta Group.
At present, Tapan Chand is the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of National Aluminium Company Ltd (Nalco), which is a Navaratna Central Public Sector Undertaking.
About Aluminium Association of India
• It is the apex body representing the entire spectrum of Indian aluminium industry.
• It was founded in 1981 and is registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act and operates from Bengaluru in Karnataka.
• It is being recognized and supported by the Union Government through various ministries and in particular the Ministry of Mines.
• It represents entire spectrum of Indian Aluminium Industry - primary producers, downstream manufacturers, equipment & product manufacturers, end users, technologist, metallurgists, research and development organisations etc.
• It is internationally recognized and a member of International Body of Aluminium Associations.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App