Tech Mahindra Limited on 23 December 2015 launched India’s first contactless digital payment ecosystem, branded MoboMoney.
The company claims that MoboMoney is the country's first commercial rollout of Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which allows radio communication between two NFC enabled devices.
Highlights of MoboMoney
• MoboMoney is a prepaid wallet issued in the form of an NFC Contactless Tag.
• It can be used to Tap n Pay on a network of NFC enabled Merchant point of sale, thus allowing customers without an NFC-enabled phone to enjoy the simple tap and pay experience to purchase goods.
• It allows consumers to load their wallet by paying cash at its 1000+ retail network, helping convert cash into e-cash.
• The money loaded into the customers’ digital wallets can then be used to Tap n Pay for over the counter payments, recharges, make bill payments, as well as pay online - converting what were earlier payments done in cash, into digital payments.
• For the security of the customers, every transaction data is protected by stringent encryption measures.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Japan and South Korea reached Agreement on Issue of Comfort Women
Union Cabinet approved construction of 69 bridges on trilateral highway in Myanmar
Union Cabinet approved MoU between India & Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT & Electronics
Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed DG of National Centre for Good Governance