Telangana IT minister KT Rama Rao and transport minister P Mahender Reddy launched the State Road Transport Authority’s new mobile app, M-Wallet on 30 March 2016 in Hyderabad. It is first of its kind in any state of India.
Salient features of the M wallet
• M wallet is a mobile application developed for the Transport Department of the Government of Telangana.
• The app will help the user to download digital copies of documents like driving licence and registration certificate and they could be produced before the police and RTA authorities when demanded.
• It lets one auto-fetch documents, share documents, have all the documents on one screen and add multiple vehicles owned by a single person.
• The documents once downloaded will be saved for future use on the application.
• The documents available with the Telangana state RTA can only be downloaded by the user.
• Main drawback of the app was the digital copies of vehicle insurance papers, which are equally important during vehicle checking, are not present in the app.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 30 March 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.