Well-known Telugu writer and former radio artiste Turaga Janaki Rani died on 15 October 2014 in Hyderabad after a prolonged illness. She was 80
Turaga Janaki Rani was survived by her two daughters Usha Ramani and Vasantha Shobha.
Turaga Janaki Rani
• Janaki Rani was popularly known as Radio Akkayya.
• She had worked as an assistant station director of AIR (All India Radio).
• She used to conduct Balanandam, one of the popular programmes.
• Janaki Rani won the National Best Broadcaster Award for two years in 1991 and 1992.
• She was also honoured with the title Balasaahitya Ratna by the Bala Sahitya Parishat in Hyderabad in June 2011.