Top Current Affairs Quiz: 14 June 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as India’s first world cup match abandoned, e-Foreigner Tribunal and World Blood Donor Day among others.
14 June 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as India’s first world cup match abandoned, e-Foreigner Tribunal and World Blood Donor Day among others.
1. The Indian Medical Association declared All India Protest Day on June 14 after doctors of this state went on strike demanding adequate security.
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) West Bengal
c) Madhya Pradesh
2. India‘s 2019 cricket world cup match against this nation was abandoned due to rain.
a) South Africa
c) New Zealand
3. Which country has unveiled a growth-friendly budget focussed on infrastructure development?
4. The Union Government has approved setting up of e-Foreigner Tribunal in which state?
a) West Bengal
5. Sarah Sanders will step down as the Press Secretary of which nation?
b) United States
6. What is the slogan of World Blood Donor Day 2019 theme?
a) Blood should be donated
b) Blood for all required
c) Blood donation is best donation
d) Safe blood for all
7. What is the top speed of Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV) recently tested by DRDO?
a) MACH 6
b) MACH 5
c) MACH 4
d) MACH 3
8. Which organisation has bagged Rs. 1187.82 crore contract for manufacturing of Varunastra for Indian Navy?
a) Bharat Heavy Works Limited
b) Bharat Dynamics Limited
c) India Power Limited
d) Reliance Defence and Reserch organisation
9. Name of the student who topped the year 2019’s JEE Advanced examination?
a) Kartikey Gupta
b) Arjun Tyagi
c) Himanshu Bardhan
d) Devendra Sharma
10. India and which country will work together in the establishment of a 'National Maritime Heritage Museum' at the ancient Indian site of Lothal in Gujarat?
1. (b) West Bengal
Doctors across West Bengal are on strike after two of their colleagues were attacked and seriously injured at the NRS Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata by a mob following the death of a patient. The Indian Medical Association declared All India Protest Day against the incident and expressed solidarity with the striking doctors.
2. (c) New Zealand
India’s match against New Zealand, Match 18 of the ICC World Cup 2019 got called off after rain affected play. The match was abandoned without a single ball bowled. The two teams shared one point each.
3. (d) Bangladesh
Bangladesh has unveiled a growth-friendly budget focussed on infrastructure development. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has set a GDP growth rate of 8.2 percent for the current financial year and announced that the poverty rate will be brought down by 10 percent in the next four years.
4. (c) Assam
The Union Government has approved setting up of e-Foreigner Tribunal (e-FT) in Assam. The main objective of the project is to maintain a statewide bio-metric and biographic data, to capture the illegal migrants’ data to computerize data flow for all the stakeholders.
5. (b) United States
President Donald Trump has announced that White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders will step down at the end of June 2019. In the announcement that came as a surprise to many, Trump said that Sarah is a very special person with extraordinary talents, who has done an incredible job.
6. (d) Safe blood for all
World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on the birth anniversary on June 14. The theme of this year’s campaign is blood donation and universal access to safe blood transfusion, as a component of achieving universal health coverage. WHO has developed the slogan “Safe blood for all”.
7. (a) MACH 6
The HSTDV is an unmanned scramjet (allowing supersonic combustion) demonstration vehicle that can cruise up to a speed of mach 6 (or six times the speed of sound) and rise up to an altitude of 32. km in 20 seconds
8. (c). Bharat Dynamics Limited
Indian Navy and Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) have signed a contract recently worth Rs. 1187.82 crore for supply of heavyweight torpedo Varunastra to Indian Navy. Varunastra is basically a ship-launched, electrically-propelled underwater weapon equipped with one of the most advanced automatic and remote-controlled guidance systems.
9. (a) Kartikey Gupta
Kartikey Gupta Chandresh from Maharashtra has become the all India topper in JEE Advanced exam this year. As per the official notification released by JEE Advanced, a total number of 1,61,319 candidates appeared in both papers 1 and 2 in JEE (Advanced) 2019. A total of 38705 candidates have qualified JEE (Advanced) 2019.
10. (d) Portugal
This museum will showcase the heritage of trade with India's inland waterways. Lothal was chosen because there have been such archaeological remains are present that points toward India’s marine activities. This place was a major marine activity center of Harappans.