20 September 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like National Registry of Sexual Offenders, Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna and Skill India Campaign among others.
1. Which state’s cabinet has decided to introduce a Mob Violence Control and Prohibition Bill?
d) Andhra Pradesh
2. Which state had the highest adult HIV prevalence in India last year?
3. India’s biggest indoor exhibition space, India International Convention and Expo Centre (IICC), will come up in which city?
b) New Delhi
4. Which nation will become the ninth one to launch its National Registry of Sexual Offenders?
d) Sri Lanka
5. The Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna is being rolled out for the benefit of whom?
b) Unemployed Insured Persons
c) Girl Child
6. Which state government launched “Swayangsiddha” to combat human trafficking?
a) West Bengal
b) Tamil Nadu
7. India launched Green Agriculture project along with which organisation to bring about change in the farm sector?
8. Which bollywood personalities have been signed as ambassadors of Skill India Campaign?
a) Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan
b) Aamir Khan and Varun Dhawan
c) Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma
d) Anushka Sharma and Deepika Padukone
9. Who was appointed as Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)?
a) Shekhar Basu
b) Deepak Ahuja
c) Khushal Jain
d) Kamlesh Nilkanth Vyas
10. Indian’s biggest Medical Cyclotron Facility ‘Cyclone-30’ that will help in cancer diagnosis, became operational in which city?
1. (b) Manipur
The Manipur cabinet on September 19, 2018 decided to introduce the Manipur Mob Violence Control and Prohibition Bill to stop increasing incidences of lynchings in the state. The bill would be introduced in the House soon to check injustice.
2. (d) Mizoram
Mizoram had the highest adult HIV prevalence among states in India last year with the infection being detected in 2.04 per cent of the people whose blood samples were tested. Around 18,081 people were found HIV positive in Mizoram between October 1990 and August 2018. The state has a total population of around 11 lakh.
3. (b) New Delhi
The foundation stone of India International Convention and Expo Centre (IICC) was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on September 20, 2018. The centre will be the biggest indoor exhibition space in India and will rank among the world’s top 10. Its facilities will be at par with the world’s best in terms of size and quality.
4. (b) India
India would soon be launching a National Registry of Sexual Offenders, which will have the profiles of first time offenders as well as repeat offenders. The database would include names, photographs, residential address, DNA samples, fingerprints, Aadhaar and PAN numbers of convicted sexual offenders. With the roll out of the registry, India will become the ninth nation in the world to set up and maintain such a detailed database of sexual offenders.
5. (b) Unemployed Insured Persons
The Employee's State Insurance has approved a scheme named ‘Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna’ for unemployed Insured Persons covered under the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948. The decision was taken by the ESI Corporation during its 175th meeting, which was held in New Delhi.
6. (a) West Bengal
The West Bengal government launched a scheme “Swayangsiddha” in different districts of the state to combat human trafficking. The aim of the scheme is to empower young boys and girls to make informed choices so that they are less vulnerable to trafficking and child marriage.
7. (b) FAO
In New Delhi, the Union Government along with Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) launched the Green Agriculture project that seeks to bring transformative change in the farm sector through conservation of biodiversity and forest landscapes.
8. (c) Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma
Bollywood actors Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma have been signed as ambassadors of Skill India Campaign to promote and endorse the Skill India Mission. The actors will be seen in “Sui Dhaaga – Made in India” movie, which highlights the untapped potential of India’s talented craftsmen and skilled workers at the grassroot level.
9. (d) Kamlesh Nilkanth Vyas
Kamlesh Nilkanth Vyas, the renowned nuclear scientist, was appointed as the new Secretary of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), and Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) till May 3, 2021. He succeeded Shekhar Basu.
10. (a) Kolkata
Cyclotrons are used to produce radioisotopes for diagnostic and therapeutic use for cancer care. Cyclone-30, the biggest cyclotron in India for medical application became operational in September 2018 when 30 MeV beam reached the Faraday Cup for the first time. Cyclone-30 facility at VECC, Kolkata, a Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) unit, will have many unique features, under various stages of implementation, which are first of its kind in many ways.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week