27 March 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India’s representative to Executive Board of UNESCO, Arab world’s first nuclear reactor and Western countries have expelled over 100 Russian diplomats among others.
1. The world’s longest sandstone cave was discovered in which State?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
2. Who was nominated as India’s representative to Executive Board of UNESCO?
a) BM Kapoor
b) JS Rajput
c) Sushant Gupta
d) Prateek Sen
3. Who received the 2017 Frederick Pincott Award for promoting Hindi cinema?
a) Berlin Film Festival
c) South Asian Cinema Foundation
4. Who was sworn-in as the President of Peru?
a) Marisol Espinoza
b) Konsin Sergeievich
c) Pablo Kuczynski
d) Martin Vizcarra
5. The Union Government launched the ‘Videsh Aaya Pradesh ke Dwaar’ initiative in which city?
6. When is the International day of Remembrance of the victims of Transatlantic Slave Trade observed every year?
a) 24 March
b) 25 March
c) 26 March
d) 27 March
7. Who has been appointed as the new captain of IPL’s Rajasthan Royals franchise after Steve Smith stepped down from the position?
a) Ajinkya Rahane
b) Rahul Dravid
c) Ben Stokes
d) Shane Watson
8. The construction of Arab world’s first nuclear reactor has been completed. It is located in which nation?
a) Saudi Arabia
9. The Airport Authority of India signed an agreement with which state to develop villages in one of its districts?
b) Arunachal Pradesh
10. Which city hosted the ‘Saras Aajeevika Mela’?
b) New Delhi
11. Western countries have expelled over 100 diplomats belonging to which nation?
a) North Korea
12. Who termed interference by Khap Panchayat in marriages as ‘absolutely illegal’?
a) Supreme Court
b) Delhi High Court
c) Allahabad High Court
d) Prime Minister
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
1. (a) Meghalaya
The world’s longest sandstone cave named Krem Puri was discovered near the village of Laitsohum in Mawsynram area of East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya. With a length of 24,583 metres, Krem Puri was discovered back in 2016.
2. (b) JS Rajput
Professor J S Rajput, the former Director of NCERT, was nominated as the India’s representative to the Executive Board (EXB) of UNESCO. Professor Rajput is an eminent educationist with rich experience in various fields including UNESCO.
3. (c) South Asian Cinema Foundation
The South Asian Cinema Foundation (SACF), a London-based organisation, received the Frederick Pincott Award for 2017 from the Indian High Commissioner Y K Sinha for promoting Hindi cinema in Britain for the last 18 years.
4. (d) Martin Vizcarra
Martin Vizcarra, a Peruvian engineer and former regional governor, was sworn-in as the new President of Peru after his predecessor “Pedro Pablo Kuczynski” became the latest of the country’s leaders to resign amid corruption scandals.
5. (a) Hyderabad
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) recently launched the first of its kind initiative titled ‘Videsh Aaya Pradesh ke Dwaar’ in Hyderabad, which is a key centre for Telugu and Urdu media. The purpose of the initiative is to create a pool of media professionals interested in foreign policy and guide them on connecting with the MEA.
6. (b) 25 March
The International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade was observed globally on 25 March 2018 with the theme 'Remember Slavery: Triumphs and Struggles for Freedom and Equality'.
7. (a) Ajinkya Rahane
Under fire Australian cricketer Steve Smith has stepped down from his position of the captain of the Rajasthan Royals team. He will be replaced by Indian opener Ajinkya Rahane, who is the second most successful batsman for the Jaipur-based franchise after Shane Watson.
8. (b) UAE
The United Arab Emirates said on March 26, 2018 that one of the four nuclear reactors at its debut nuclear power plant has been completed. With this development, UAE moves closer to becoming the first Arab nation to produce atomic power.
9. (d) Assam
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has signed a MoU with Assam government under its Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) initiative for sustainable development of human settlements at villages in Kamrup district.
10. (b) New Delhi
Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the ‘Saras Aajeevika Mela’ at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi on March 26, 2018. Speaking on the occasion, Tomar said that the Ministry is working for the empowerment of rural women and the Aajeevika Programme and Self Help Groups have given the much needed employment to rural population specially women.
11. (c) Russia
Standing in solidarity with the United Kingdom, more than 21 nations led by the United States announced the expulsion of over 100 Russian diplomats on March 26, 2018. Britain has already expelled 23 Russian diplomats.
12. (a) Supreme Court
The Supreme Court on March 27, 2018 termed the interference by illegal assemblies like ‘khap panchayat’ in marriages of two consenting adults as’ absolutely illegal’ and laid down guidelines to prevent such intrusions.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.