30 April 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 2017 Saraswati Samman, Shanghai Cooperation Organisation and India and China Summit among others.
1. Who was chosen for the 2017 Saraswati Samman?
a) Sitanshu Yashaschandra
b) Ramakant Kumar
c) Vijay Tendulkar
d) Mahesh Bhumi
2. The Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas successfully tested which missile by firing from the aircraft?
a) NAG Missile
b) Israeli Derby Air-to-Air BVR missile
c) Prithvi Missile
d) Agni Missile
3. International Buddhist Conference 2018 was held in which country?
4. Which state has emerged as best in the country in prevention of parent-to-child transmission of HIV?
a) Tamil Nadu
d) West Bengal
5. India and China recently agreed to implement a joint economic project in which country?
b) Sri Lanka
6. Which country is not the full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation?
7. Which African country recently legalised the marijuana for medical purposes?
8. India recently entered into a legal agreement with which international organisation for cooperation in biopharmaceuticals?
a) Asian Development Bank
b) New Development Bank
c) United Nations
d) World Bank
9. Who became India’s longest serving Chief Minister of India?
a) Pawan Chamling
b) Jyoti Basu
c) Raman Singh
d) Shivraj Singh Chauhan
10. Which Indian city hosted the Asia-Pacific Regional Workshop of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)?
b) New Delhi
1. (a) Sitanshu Yashaschandra
Sitanshu Yashaschandra, the Gujarati poet, has been selected for the 2017 Saraswati Samman for his collection of verses titled ‘Vakhar’.
2. (b) Israeli Derby Air-to-Air BVR missile
Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas successfully tested by firing the Israeli Derby Air-to-Air Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile for the second time.
3. (c) Nepal
The International Buddhist Conference was organised in Lumbini, Nepal the birthplace of Buddha. Around 300 participants from 24 nations, including archaeologists, historians, Buddhist gurus and scholars, participated in the 2 day event.
4. (d) West Bengal
West Bengal was adjudged as the best State in the country in the prevention of parent-to-child transmission of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus), which leads to AIDS.
5. (a) Afghanistan
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping agreed to undertake a joint India-China economic project in Afghanistan at their first informal summit in Wuhan.
6. (b) Israel
The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), a China-dominated security grouping, was constituted in 2001 at a summit in Shanghai by the Presidents of Russia, China, Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Now, the group has eight full members including India, Pakistan and Uzbekistan.
7. (c) Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe has become the second African country to legalise marijuana for medical and scientific purposes. Lesotho was the first African country to legalise marijuana in 2017 for medical purposes.
8. (d) World Bank
India entered into a legal agreement with the World Bank for a flexible financing arrangement to accelerate research towards early development for biopharmaceuticals.
9. (a) Pawan Chamling
Pawan Chamling has created history by becoming the longest serving Chief Minister in India. He surpassed the record of former communist ruler of West Bengal, Late Jyoti Basu. Chamling became the Chief Minister of Sikkim on December 12, 1994 and has ruled the tiny Himalayan state ever since.
10. (b) New Delhi
The Asia-Pacific Regional Workshop of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) was held in New Delhi on April 24, 2018 to build the capacity of the Asia-Pacific Region to monitor and report on land degradation.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.