Top Current Affairs Quiz: 6 September 2018
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Section 377 of IPC, India-US 2+2 dialogue and Telangana Assembly Elections among others.
6 September 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Section 377 of IPC, India-US 2+2 dialogue and Telangana Assembly Elections among others.
1. The Union Government has decided to make which scheme open-ended with more incentives?
a) Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
b) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
c) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
d) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna
2. India signed the Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) with which nation?
3. Which state’s cabinet has passed a resolution proposing dissolution of its legislative assembly in a bid to seek early elections?
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
4. Which bank has introduced the feature of doorstep banking for the first time?
a) Post Office Savings Bank
b) State Bank of India
c) Bank of India
d) India Post Payments Bank
5. The India, US 2+2 dialogue was conducted by which two Union Ministers?
a) Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley
b) Narendra Modi, Sushma Swaraj
c) Sushma Swaraj, Nirmala Sitharaman
d) Piyush Goyal, Prakash Javadekar
6. Which city is hosting the 2nd World Hindu Congress?
7. The Supreme Court on September 6, 2018 decriminalised Section 377 to the extent it criminalses sexual acts between consenting adults, whether homosexual or hetrosexual. The ruling was made on the basis of which Article(s) of the Indian Constitution?
a) Article 14
b) Article 15
c) Article 21
d) All of the above
8. Which of the following judges was not the part of the Supreme Court bench that delivered Section 377 verdict?
a) Justice Indu Malhotra
b) Justice A M Khanwilkar
c) Justice J Chelameswar
d) Justice D Y Chandrachud
9. Which state decided to provide free mobile phones to women of BPL families?
10. The Union Government approved a proposal by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) to increase wages of artisans by how much percent?
a) 30 percent
b) 36 percent
c) 42 percent
d) 48 percent
11. Where will be the Indo-Kazakhstan Joint Army Exercise 'KAZIND' held in September 2018?
a) Pavlodar Region, Kazakhstan
b) Himalayan Region, India
c) Otar Region, Kazakhstan
d) Aravali Hills, India
12. The Union Government recently decided to rename Nagar Untari town. The town is located in which state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
Answers with Explanation
1. (a) Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
The Union Government on September 4, 2018 decided to make the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) an open-ended scheme and has added more incentives to encourage people to open bank accounts. The flagship financial inclusion scheme was launched in August 2014 for a period of four years.
2. (c) US
India and the United States signed the Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) during their first-ever ‘two plus two’ dialogue, which was held in New Delhi on September 6, 2018. The key agreement will open up the way for the sale of more sensitive US military equipment to India.
3. (b) Telangana
The Telangana Cabinet has passed a resolution to dissolve the Legislative Assembly and seek early elections. The legislative assembly polls in Telangana were originally scheduled to be held simultaneously with the Lok Sabha elections in 2019.
4. (d) India Post Payments Bank
The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) was launched on September 1, 2018 by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to ensure financial inclusion of all the citizens in the country, especially the rural population. The bank has for the first time introduced the feature of doorstep banking.
5. (c) Sushma Swaraj, Nirmala Sitharaman
India and the United States signed the Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) during their first-ever ‘two plus two’ dialogue, which was held in New Delhi on September 6, 2018.The Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will host the US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and US Secretary of Defense James Mattis for the inaugural dialogue.
6. (c) Chicago
The second World Hindu Congress will be hosted by Chicago in the United States of America from September 8-9, 2018. The programme will be organised by 14 Telugu Associations of the US. Indian Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu is scheduled to participate in the programme.
7. (d) All of the above
A Five Judge Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court on September 6, 2018 pronounced its historic judgement, decriminalising Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). The judgement is based on the interpretation of Article 14 (Right to Equality); Article 15 (prohibition of discrimination on grounds of religion, race, caste, sex or place of birth); Article 19 (Freedom of Speech and Expression); and Article 21 (Right to Life and Right to Privacy) of the Indian Constitution.
8. (c) Justice J Chelameswar
The Supreme Court bench comprising Chief Justice Dipak Misra; Justices R F Nariman, A M Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra ruled that Section 377, which criminalises sexual acts between consenting adults, whether homosexual or hetrosexual, is unconstitutional.
9. (b) Rajasthan
The Rajasthan government has decided to provide free mobile phones to women of Below Poverty Line (BPL) families under the Bhamashah Yojana.
10. (b) 36 percent
The Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) approved a proposal by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) to increase the wages of artisans by over 36 percent, from Rs 5.50 per hank previously to Rs 7.50 per hank.
11. (c) Otar Region, Kazakhstan
Indo-Kazakhstan Joint Army Exercise 'KAZIND' will be conducted between the Indian and Kazakhstan Army from September 10 to 23, 2018 in Otar region, Kazakhstan. This is the third joint military exercise between the two countries.
12. (d) Jharkhand
The Union Home Ministry approved Jharkhand government’s proposal to rename Nagar Untari Railway Station as Banshidhar Railway Station and Nagar Untari town as Banshidhar Nagar.