The Union Cabinet on 4 May 2016 approved the signing of Memorandum of Co-operation (MoC) between Ministry of Women & Child Development (MWCD) and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
The MoC will be signed for the cooperation in Information and Communication Technology Enabled Real Time Monitoring (ICT-RTM) of Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) and other related technical matters.
The MoC will facilitate the development of CAS for ICT-RTM, training of trainers and other technical matters. ICT-RTM and other components will be rolled out in phased manner.
The MoC will cover 162 high malnutrition burden districts of eight states. These states are Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
Key highlights of the MoC
• Implementation of ICT-RTM of ICDS, which will enable the authorities for timely intervention for ensuring proper service delivery.
• Putting up in place a shared national communication campaign, communications strategy and guidelines, customizing communications, products and material to local contexts along with developing plans for large scale dissemination.
• Technical support through high quality technical teams of nutrition experts.
• The phase-I of ISSNIP will roll out ICT-RTM through one Lakh Anganwadi Centers (AWCs) in 162 high burden districts of eight participating States. Children of 0-6 years age, pregnant women and lactating mothers will be the ultimate beneficiaries.
What BMGF will provide?
• Technical support at the national and state level for strengthening their capacities to deliver nutrition especially during pre-conception, pregnancy and first two years of life.
• Funding to applicable organisation that meets eligibility criteria as will be mutually agreed upon by the Foundation and MWCD from time to time.
• Support to MWCD in developing a shared national communication campaign for maternal and child nutrition for roll out among target population.
• The Common Application Software (CAS) will be developed by the BMGF with support of their partners. It will be made available to the Ministry free of cost along with its Source Code for hosting by MWCD with NIC. CAS will drive the ICT-RTM of ICDS Systems Strengthening and Nutrition Improvement Project (ISSNIP) and Support System.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 4 May 2016