The Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions on 22 August 2016 constituted a Task Force to comprehensively study the cadre structure of organised Group A Central Services.
It will be headed by T Jacob who is an Additional Secretary in the Department of Personnel Training (DoPT) under the ministry.
The task force was constituted in accordance with the direction of the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The terms of reference of the Task Force are –
• To comprehensively study the cadre structure of all organised Group A services in the Union Government.
• To recommend an ideal structure especially at Apex, HAG plus, HAG and SAG level.
• To suggest the percentage of various reserves in organised Group A services.
• To suggest the ideal recruitment in organised Group A services.
• To suggest the way forward to mitigate the stagnation level.
Besides, the task force was mandated to submit the report within 3 months.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 22 August 2016