Union Government presented Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar and National Safety Awards 2013
The Union Ministry of Labour and Employment has been operating the Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar and National Safety Awards since 1965.
The Union Minister of Labour and Employment Bandaru Dattatreya on 17 September 2015 presented the Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar (VRP) and National Safety Awards (NSA) for the Performance Year 2013.
This year, 28 Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar were shared by 132 individuals. These winners were selected out of a total of 193 applications received from different industries for the Performance Year 2013.
For the Performance year 2013, the total number of NSA Award Winners and Runners-up in the ten schemes adds up to 98 (53 winners and 42 runners-up). They were selected out of 199 applications received under various schemes.
These awards work both as an impetus as well as a catalyst to unleash the latent and untapped potentials of the promising workers at the plant level while recognizing the excellent performance of the companies in preventing accidents and promoting safety at work place.
About Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar (VRP)
• VRP is awarded in recognition of outstanding suggestions given by a worker or group of workers and implemented by the management in the form of cash prize and a certificate.
• The certificate of merit is given in three categories: Class A- Five of 75000 rupees each, Class B- Eight of 50000 rupees each and Class C- Fifteen of 25000 rupees each.
About National Safety Awards (NSA)
• The NSA is given in recognition of outstanding safety performance of industrial establishments, construction sites, ports and installations to stimulate and maintain the interests of both the management and the workers in accident prevention programmes.
• This award is given under twelve schemes, out of which ten are meant for Factories /Construction sites /Installations under Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) and two are for Ports.
• Under each award, a Shield and a Certificate of Merit is given to each of the Award Winners and Runners-up.
The Union Ministry of Labour and Employment has been operating the Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar and National Safety Awards since 1965. These Award schemes are operated by its technical wing namely the Directorate General Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes (DGFASLI), Mumbai.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App