Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu on 23 November 2015 inaugurated ‘e-lala’, an e-commerce portal of Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) in New Delhi.
The e-lala initiative is aimed at promoting the interests of 5.77 crore small businesses in the context of rapid expansion of e-commerce in the country.
Benefits of e-lala initiative
• E-lala will enable physical stores to have their own online stores enabling them to retain their customer base besides additional source of growth in business.
• E-lala, a city and location based portal, seeks to promote business-to-business and trader-to-customer transactions in a city
• It seeks to eliminate middlemen and resulting in reduced cost of goods and services
• With the emerging global threat from e-commerce to small traders, e-lala initiative will address the problem with proper outreach and marketing strategies.
• E-lala's distinctive features include a specialty corner promoting unique products associated with each city.
• It carries an inquiry corner enabling consumers post their enquiries for a particular product which will be responded to in 24 hours.
• It carries an artisan’s corner enabling artisans and entrepreneurs display their products.
Online shoppers in the country are expected to increase from 34 million in 2014 to 100 million in 2016 and e-commerce has grown manifold from 3600 crore rupees in 2011 to 53000 crore rupees in 2015.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 23 November 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.