The U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC) Board of Directors on 12 January 2016 selected Council board members Edward Monser, President of Emerson, and Punit Renjen, CEO of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (Deloitte Global), as USIBC Vice Chairs.
The announcement came at the heels of former Cisco CEO John Chamber’s recent appointment to USIBC Chairman.
Renjen and Monser together represent over 60 years of experience and expertise in global manufacturing, business strategy, and business development, reflecting USIBC’s directive to maintain a diverse leadership.
Who is Punit Renjen?
• Renjen belongs to Rohtak, Haryana.
• He grew up in India and did his schooling at Lawrence School in Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh.
• He holds a bachelor’s degree with honours and a master’s degree in management from Willamette University, US.
• He is the first Indian-origin person to head a Big-Four audit firm.
• He has been working with Deloitte for the last 28 years.
• Earlier, he served as the chairman and CEO of Deloitte Consulting LLP.
• He was one of The Top 25 Consultants ranked by Consulting Magazine in 2007.
Who is Edward Monser?
• Edward L. Monser has been serving as the president of Emerson since 2010.
• He served as the company’s chief operating officer from 2001-2015 and is also a member of its Office of the Chief Executive.
• He began his career as a senior engineer at Rosemount in 1981. After serving in several engineering management positions, he was named Rosemount’s director of technology in 1987.
• He obtained a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology in 1980.
• He also holds a bachelor's degree in education from Eastern Michigan University.
• He is an alumnus of the executive education program at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
About U.S.-India Business Council
• The U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC) was formed in 1975 as a business advocacy organization to enlighten and encourage the private sectors of both India and United States.
• The organization serves as a direct link between business and Government leaders, resulting in increased trade and investment to strengthen ties between the two nations.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 12 January 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.