The Vice President of India M. Hamid Ansari released a book entitled India and Malaysia: Intertwined Strands at New Delhi on 9 September 2013. The book is authored by former Diplomat Veena Sikri.
About the book- India and Malaysia: Intertwined Strands
• India and Malaysia: Intertwined Strands is authored by former Diplomat Veena Sikri.
• The book is written for the Institute of South East Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore.
• It is a comprehensive book on a very useful subject of relationship between India and Malaysia.
• The book offers a panoramic yet in-depth historical analysis of the inter-linkages between India and Malaysia. The analysis is a microcosm of the much larger relationship between South Asia and South East Asia, as these have evolved for more than two millennia.
About the author- Veena Sikri
• She remained High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh from December 2003 to November 2006.
• She also remained the High Commissioner of India to Malaysia from September 2000 to December 2003.
• She also held the position as the Director General, Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), New Delhi from March 1989 to December 1992.
• She has authored and reviewed various other books and articles such as Contemporarising Tagore and the World, book review on Bangladesh: Politics, Economy and Civil Society, article titled It’s the New Neighbourhood, book review of Understanding Bangladesh, Bangladesh 2009: The Elections and Beyond, The Geopolitics of Bangladesh, Connectivity Issues, India-Bangladesh Relations: The Way Ahead, Islam in South Asia: the Bengal Experience, Bangladesh: a Watershed Year and Democracy and the People of Bangladesh.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.