Victoria Beckham on 19 April 2017 was appointed the Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to the fashion industry.
Prince William presented the honour to the pop singer turned fashion designer at the Buckingham Palace in London.
About Victoria Beckham
• Born on 17 April 1974, Victoria Caroline Beckham is an English businesswoman, fashion designer, model, and singer.
• She rose to fame in the late 1990s with the all-female pop group Spice Girls. After the Spice Girls split, she was signed to Virgin Records and Telstar Records and had four UK Top 10 singles.
• She is also an internationally recognised style icon and fashion designer. The Victoria Beckham label was named designer brand of the year in the UK in 2011.
• She is married to soccer icon David Beckham.
About Officer of the Order of the British Empire
• The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is a British order of chivalry.
• It rewards contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations, and public service outside the Civil Service.
• King George V established the honour on 4 June 1917.
• It comprises five classes, in civil and military divisions, the most senior two of which make the recipient either a knight if male, or dame if female.
• Recommendations for appointments to the Order of the British Empire were at first made on the nomination of the United Kingdom.
Who: Victoria Beckham
When: 19 April 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.