GK Questions with answers on GK Questions with answers on Environment & Ecology- Composition Set II consist of 10 MCQs are created while keeping in mind the relevance of the subject and its importance for an examination point of view. These MCQs helps the aspirant in the preparation of examinations like UPSC-Prelims, CDS, NDA, State-PSC, SSC, Railways etc.
1. Which of the following is the second most abundant element on earth's surface?
2. In which of the following years, Earth Day was first celebrated?
3. Which of the following species on earth is known as 'Living Fossils surviving for more than 150 billion years?
A. Olive Ridley Turtles
D. Keneps Ridley
4. Which of the following convention is related to sustainable use of Wetlands?
A. Barcelona Convention
B. Ramsar Convention
C. Bali Communiqué
D. Basel Convention
5. Bhopal Gas Tragedy was an environmental disaster caused by the leakage of which of the following gas?
C. Nitrous oxide
D. Carbon Monoxide
6. Nairobi Convention is related to which of the following subjects?
A. Coastal Environment
C. Ozone layer
D. Riverine Systems
7. The biomass, renewable form of energy can be obtained from which of the following sources?
A. Groundnut Shell
B. Sugarcane Bagasse
C. Rice Husk
D. All of the above
8. What is the full form of SPM?
A. Suspended Particulate Matter
B. Suspended Particles and Matter
C. Suspension of Particulate Material
D. None of the above
9. Panda is a native to which of the following countries?
D. Sri Lanka
10. Which climate change agreement was finalised in the Japanese city in 1997?
A. Bali Accord
B. Kyoto Protocol
C. Honshu Treaty
D. Tokyo Convention